Search Car Insurance Plans
Find the right Car Insurance plan that for you
Our Guide to Car Insurance in the UAE
So you chose your dream car and managed to get a car loan. Now is a good time to think of protecting your car. In the UAE, car insurance is a must in order to register your car but what benefits you avail in your car insurance policy can vary based on your needs and how much you are willing to pay for the car insurance policy.
Car insurance is divided into two; Comprehensive cover and Third Party liability cover. So what is the difference?
A. Comprehensive cover – the policy offers you complete protection whether you caused the accident or not and comes with different variables that you need to look at:
- Agency Repair: If you are buying a new car, you can usually choose a car insurance policy that offers anywhere between 2 to 5 years. However the cost increases but you would make sure that your car remains with the Agency. Agency repair is usually offered on new cars or up to 2 to 3 years old only otherwise, car insurance providers would offer you repair any regular car maintenance outlets.
- Offroad and GCC cover: Do you enjoy driving in the desert? Then it might be a good idea to ensure your car insurance policy covers you while you are off roading. And if you drive across the GCC, you can also choose to upgrade your policy with GCC cover and enjoy enhanced protection.
- Personal Accident and Passenger cover: Car insurance providers would also offer you options to ensure you and your passengers are covered. These benefits usually come at an additional cost.
- Excess fee: This is the fee you pay in the event you caused the accident and the payment is made at the car maintenance shop or the agency dependent on what coverage your car insurance policy provides you.
- Additional benefits: Other benefits can also come with your car insurance policy so for example, will you be provided a car replacement when your car is in the agency? Can you renew your car insurance policy online or do you need to personally go to the broker or car insurance provider? If your car breaks down, can you call your insurance provider to tow your car or jump start your battery
B. Third Party Liability cover – in the event of an accident that you caused, this car insurance covers only the car you caused damages to. However you would need to bear the cost of fixing your own car. This cover is usually offered to very old car models where the car insurance provider does not accept providing comprehensive cover.