With the 2014 FIFA World Cup just around the corner, football fever is in the air and the huge fan base in the UAE becomes very active. UAE banks are making the most out of soccer’s popularity, and have launched various football credit cards, affiliated with specific football leagues or clubs. These cards aim to attract football lovers with distinct designs and benefits. If you wish to get a credit card and show support for your favorite sport, below are some of your options.
ADIB Football Card
- Benefits: With this credit card customers get a chance to support their favorite football local clubs such as Al Ahli, Al Shaab, Al Nasr and more. A percentage of the annual fee you pay will be given to the Etisalat Pro-League Club of your choice. Other benefits include 1 percent cashback on all retail spends and access to Dubai Marhaba Lounge and Abu Dhabi Airport Lounge.
- Be aware: There is a balance transfer fee and the minimum salary requirement to apply for this card is AED 10,000.
Al Hilal Bank Football Card
- Benefits: This card was launched in collaboration with the UAE Football Association, and is designed to show support for the UAE national team. With this Islamic credit card, fans can win tickets to local league matches. Other benefits include emergency roadside assistance and medical and legal services.
- Be aware: This card has an annual fee of AED 400 and a minimum salary requirement of AED 20,000.
United Arab Bank FC Barcelona Platinum Card
- Benefits: Support Barca while getting a host of benefits such as official Barcelona merchandise and a chance to win one of 75 all-expenses paid trips to Spain. Customers can also enjoy cinema offers, travel deals and meet and greet services at the airport.
- Be aware: There is a minimum salary requirement of AED 10,000.
Mashreq FIFA World Cup Credit Card
- Benefits: To celebrate the upcoming FIFA Football World Cup this summer, Mashreq’s FIFA Platinum Visa Credit Card comes with free gifts such as EA Sports FIFA 14 game, a football jersey of your choice and a miniature replica of the trophy. If you’re looking to visit Brazil this summer to watch the games, you can take advantage of special discounts on travel packages through Orient Travel. Also save up to 20 percent on sports merchandise at selected sports stores when you use your Mashreq FIFA credit card. Earn Salam Goals Points every time you spend and redeem them for discounts and gift vouchers.
- Be aware: Even though you can get this card without an annual fee, to enjoy the other benefits, such as the free jerseys or the Complimentary Priority Pass card, you have to pay an annual fee of AED 650.
First Gulf Bank Manchester City Platinum
- Benefits: Get a chance to win a fully paid trip to watch a final live Man City match when you spend AED 15,000 on this credit card. Spend AED 10, 000 and enter a draw to win a trip for two to meet the players and witness them train. You can also enter draws to get football coaching at the Manchester City Football School in Abu Dhabi and official Man City merchandise. Fans can also enjoy a 10 percent discount at the City Store. The card also comes with a complementary subscription to sports channels.
- Be aware: You will have to spend a pre-determined amount on you card to enter various draws. There is also an annual fee of AED 550 and minimum salary requirement of AED 8,000 to apply for this card.
ENBD Manchester United Credit Card
- Benefits: if you’re a diehard fan of The Red Devils then this card may interest you. It comes with benefits such as the chance to win fully paid trips to Old Trafford to watch the first team train, 10 percent discounts on official club membership and 20 percent discounts on Man Utd stadium and museum tours.
- Be aware: Your entry into various draws is dependent on how much you spend during the draw period. For example, when you spend AED 3,000, you enter a draw to watch the team train. However, to enter a draw to watch a live Man Utd match, you will have to spend at least AED 5,000. There is also an annual fee of AED 250, with a minimum salary requirement of AED 5,000.
Besides football credit cards, there a few football offers which fans can take advantage of. For example, spend AED 100 on your HSBC Visa credit or debit cards and enter a draw to win a trip for two to Brazil. Five winners will get a three-night stay in a four-star hotel in Brazil and get to watch either a semi-final, a quarter final or two group games.