Mums deserve a whole lot of love for everything they do for us all the time and if there’s a day where we can appreciate them, and spoil them, it’s Mother’s Day. Celebrated in the UAE on 21 March, Mother’s Day gives families the chance to pamper their mums with gifts and treats. So, are you looking for ways to make your mum feel special this Mother’s Day? Below check out gifts ideas, spa treatments, dining options, deals and activities you can bond over.
Mother’s Days gifts
- Brighten your mums day by sending her flowers with a thank you note. With flowershop.ae get a mother’s day special deal and two free cupcakes with your order. Use the Promo Code ‘SUPER’ when you checkout online. Looking to customize your order?With 800 flower customize your bouquet and add balloons and chocolates to your order.
- If you’re looking for a gift with sentimental value, buy a personalized key chain from Small Print. You can order key chains online and have hand prints, foot prints, names and messages engraved on them.
- Don’t have time to buy her a gift from the mall? Get your mother a card from Yougotagift.com. All you have to do is choose from a range of stores or malls where she would like to shop from, and pay for the gift card online. You can email her the gift card or give her a print out.
- Pamper your mum with a spa treatment at Fairmont Dubai. Buy a 60 minute treatment voucher and receive a special gift for your mum. This offer is valid till 31 March 2016 and the voucher can be used for three months after purchase.
- Enjoy a range of signature therapies specially designed for Mother’s Day at The Spa, The Address Dubai Mall. Get a special gift when you buy the 60 minute rose cocoon massage and facial.
Fancy an afternoon tea?
- Treat your mother to a cup of afternoon tea at La Farine Cafe & Bakery at the JW Marriot Marquis from 18 to 21 March 2016. What’s great is mums eat for free! You will also be served with complimentary treats along with tea. Keep in mind, there needs to be at least two adults paying.
- Sip some afternoon tea with your mum at The Drawing Room, St Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi. The Mother’s Day special runs till 22 March 2016. The cost will be AED 140 per person which includes a selection of tea and coffee treats and AED 180 per person which includes a selection of tea, coffee and a glass of bubbly. On 20 March, enjoy the special offer between 2 pm to 6 pm, where you can pay for one person and get the second one free.
- Bond with your kids by taking part in an activity together. Join Little Explorer’s Mother’s Day workshops from 14 to 21 March 2016, where kids get to design T-shirts for their mum. Pay AED 130 to participate in the two hour long workshop.
- Take part in a sushi making activity at Mikado Café, Abu Dhabi on March 21 from 6 pm to 7 pm. The activity is based on first come first serve basis. The first ten mother-child teams to sign up can take part in the activity for free. Chef Fabio Nakazato will demonstrate live sushi making and the teams will have to follow.
- Nurture your relationship by taking part in mother-daughter yoga sessions at Body Language Health Club, Al Barari on Saturday, 19 March 2016. There will be two yoga sessions, with the first session from 10 am to 11 am for mums and children between the ages of 5-11. The second session will start at 11:15 am to 12:15 pm for mums with children 12 years and older. Entry will be charged at AED 100 for two people per session.
- Enjoy a meal with your mum on Mother’s Day. Get a 50% discount on food and beverage across nine restaurants such as Latitude, Beachcombers, D&A, Villa Beach, Ocean Blue, Beach Lounge, Palm Court, Waterfront, La Veranda at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. This offer is valid on 21 March 2016.
- If you’re looking for something fancy, visit Ruth’s Chris Steak House, The Address Hotel, Dubai Marina for a specially designed set menu to celebrate Mother’s Day. Enjoy the three course meal at a price of AED 400 per person on 21 March 2016. Keep in mind, children’s menu is available at AED 120.
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with the whole family, head to Iris Yas Island for their Saturday picnic brunch. The picnic-style barbecue brunch has live cooking stations, salad bars and signature drinks with packages starting at AED 200. All mums will receive special treats on 19 May 2016.