Information management is critical for most businesses and industries these days. All companies ranging from multinationals operating at a global scale to small and medium sized businesses, have a lot to gain from managing business information in a competent way.
And amongst various industries, good records management solutions can be the most critical for the medical services industry.
How can healthcare providers manage medical records efficiently?
Medical records essentially capture the medical history of individual patients. These medical records contain some of the most important and sensitive information that hospitals, medical clinics and other healthcare organizations deal with, on a day-to-day basis.
Records management solutions assist with the following aspects of information management at hospitals and medical clinics:
- On-site management of active patient files: This includes physically storing files, scanning patient documents and electronically storing them, and customizing the retrieval process based on the requirement of the organization.
- Off-site management of inactive patient files: This includes storing inactive patient records, archiving them in a relevant electronic format, customizing the retrieval process and conversion of active files to inactive and the other way around upon the client’s request.
- Secure data destruction: Keeping patients’ medical files confidential is top priority for healthcare organizations. Secure and certified document shredding services are therefore an important part of information management solutions for hospitals.
How can records management solutions help healthcare companies?
Keeping patient data safe and improving the efficiency of healthcare operations can help organizations in achieving their long term objectives by allowing them to:
- Better safeguard patient records
- Improve response time and help in quickly retrieve patient records in emergency situations
- Reduce chances of human error, missing records, information leakage etc.
- Give seamless information access to relevant hospital teams and reduce operational hurdles
- Reduce the requirement of paper-based processes
- Improves adherence to compliance requirements
InfoFort is an information management solution provider serving companies across a wide variety of industries in the Middle East and Africa. InfoFort offers everything from physical and electronic records management solutions, business consultancy services, to fixed asset management and secure data destruction services. And its clients include companies operating in healthcare, insurance, banking, telecom, education, government, energy and various other business sectors.