- If at the time of the claim the property at risk is of greater value than the sum insured, the amount payable will be reduced in proportion.
- In the event of any occurrence which is covered under the policy, the insured must give an immediate notice to the competent authority and the company submitting all the relevant documents and any claims to the insurance company.
- The Insured should take all possible steps to prevent any further loss or damage.
- The insurance company must be informed if the house is left unoccupied for more than 45 consecutive days.
- The policy can be cancelled by giving the insurance company at least seven days written notice to receive any refunds.
- The redemption penalties for all mortgages are 1 per cent of the balance or Dh10,000, whichever is lower.
- The information provided by the insured to the company must be accurate and complete and should not be an exaggerated or underestimated value of assets.
Compare Home Insurance in UAE