Did you know that 150 private schools in Dubai are eligible to raise school fees for the upcoming academic year 2019-2020? Earlier this year, the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) approved an increase of 2.07% – 4.14% in private school fees in Dubai, based on KHDA ratings.
Besides tuition fees, parents also have to pay for transportation or bus fee, books, uniforms, stationery and other school supplies. So how do you manage these education expenses with ease? Below is a list of credit cards and offers from banks to help you manage your kids’ school fees payments conveniently.
FAB GEMS Credit Card
- TheFAB GEMS Credit Card offers up to 4.25% discount on advance payment of tuition fee at any of the 49 GEMS schools in the UAE.
- You can also convert your school fee payment into a 0% easy payment plan for up to 12 months.
- This card also provides Education Protection Coverage of up to AED 500,000 per child. This covers your child’s school fee payments in case you are unable to meet them due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Currently FAB is also running a limited period offer, (valid until September 2019) which gives 15 lucky parents a chance to win back up to AED 25,000 in school fees.
[Related: Back-to-school: The 10 step guide]
Standard Chartered Platinum Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Platinum Credit Cardoffers cashback of up to 10% on your school fee payments. However, this cashback percentage is linked to the monthly spend on your credit card. You have to spend a minimum of AED 2,500 per month on your card to be eligible. The actual cashback amount is limited to AED 400 per month.
- You also have the option of converting school fee payments into easy monthly installments on your credit card at 0% interest for 6 to 12 months. You will also receive 10% cashback on the installment amount.
- The EMI option can also be availed if the school does not accept credit card payments. In this case, you will be provided with a cheque addressed to the school and you can pay back the bank in 6 or 12 equal monthly installments.
NBF Credit Cards
- If you hold a National Bank of Fujairah credit card, paying school fees can become a little easier on your pocket. You can convert your school fee payment into a 0% easy payment plan for up to 12 months.
- School fee payments made with an NBF credit card are also eligible for up to 3% cashback. Although there is no limit on how much cashback you can earn, the percentage is linked to your credit card spend.
[Related: Worried about school fees? Banks can help]
Credit Card Offers
Here’s a look at various credit card offers from banks in the UAE, that will make school fee payments a whole lot easier for you!
- Emirates Islamic is running a back to school offer giving credit cardholders up to AED 1,000 cashbackwhen school fees are paid with an Emirates Islamic credit card. You can also convert school fee payments into an easy payment plan for up to 12 months.
- FAB is offering credit cardholders a chance to win one of 10 iPadsfrom Sharaf DG when paying school fees using an FAB credit card. The offer is valid till September 30th, 2019.
- Samba credit cardholders can now earn up to AED 2,500 cashbackupon meeting a minimum education and non-education spend criteria during the offer period (August 1, 2019 to September 30th, 2019).
- UNB is also giving its credit cardholders the option of converting school fee payment into a 0% easy payment plan for up to 12 months. There is no processing fee being charged for this facility.
[Related: Back to school on a budget]