The wait is finally over – Etisalat and Du customers can now buy the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UAE on post-paid or pre-paid mobile phone plans.
Post-paid iPhone 6 plans
- Du: Post-paid plans for the iPhone 6 include the Smart Plan and the Emirati Plan. Depending on the plan, get up to 2,500 flexible minutes (which can be used for national or international calls), up to 10 GB, free calls to a preferred number, and send up to 1,000 SMS per month. The upfront fee and monthly cost (which includes repaying the iPhone cost) are detailed in the plans.
- Du offer: Du has an offer out now to get your first six months free with the Smart Plan or Emirati Plan, but only if you buy the iPhone 6 on a 24-month contract.
- Etisalat: Customers can get the device free on an 18- to 24-month contract. You can get up to 10 GB of data, 1,000 local minutes and 300 flexible minutes (which can be used for national or international calls). The upfront fee and monthly cost (which includes repaying the iPhone cost) are detailed in the plans.
Note: If you’re already on a post-paid plan from Du or Etisalat, you may need to pay an additional cost to terminate your current contract early.
Prepaid iPhone 6 plans
- Etisalat: With the pre-paid package from Etisalat, customers pay an upfront price for the handset and a monthly fee of AED 99. Currently Etisalat is offering 1 GB of free data for the first three months, after which the monthly fee applies.
- Du: Du Pay As You Go customers can buy the iPhone 6 for the full retail price. There is a set-up fee of AED 55 to get the Pay As You Go line.