Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD) has started an innovative new way of banking for its customers in the UAE, through Facebook.
So if you have a Facebook account, you’re just a few clicks away from paying your credit card bills as you change your profile picture or like a friend’s comment.
This initiative is the first in the region and one of only three Facebook banking platforms in the world.
Peter Baltussen, CEO of CBD, said: “As more and more people utilize social media, customers increasingly expect banks to offer services via these platforms.”
How to activate CBD banking on Facebook:
- Register for online banking on the bank’s website by putting in your CBD account number or card number
- Create a User ID
- Login to your CBD Online Banking account to activate the “CBD Facebook Branch”
- Select all the accounts you want to link to your CBD Facebook Branch
- Login to your personal Facebook account and run a search for Commercial Bank of Dubai
- Click on Facebook Branch tab and fill out your CBD Online Banking credentials for secure verification
- Follow the verification steps from the bank through your mobile number and confirm the linking request.
Is it safe?
On the bank’s Facebook page, CBD writes: “All authentications and transactions take place on CBD’s secured servers and Facebook does not have access to your bank details. All your account details and transactions are kept private, and are not published on your Facebook timeline.”
Be sure however, not to share your Facebook username and password with anyone.