Du and Etisalat customers can use various mobile commands to transfer credit, unsubscribe to spam SMS, send call requests and much more. Below is a list of helpful commands and codes you can use.
Table: List of commands/ SMS for Du customers
|Customer Care||Dial 155|
|Transfer credit||Dial *121*phone number*amount#|
|Check balance prepaid users||Dial *135#|
|Check balance postpaid users||SMS ‘Rewards’ to 1233|
|Restrict Spam SMS||SMS ‘B Sender ID’ to 7726|
|Unsubscribe to promotional SMS||Blank SMS to 5293|
|Reactivate promotional SMS||Blank SMS to 7000|
|Unsubscribe to data bundle||SMS ‘stop data’ to 1355|
|Register to caller tunes||SMS ‘CT [code]’ to 1560|
|Deactivate caller tunes||SMS ‘CTD’ to 1560|
|Unsubscribe to post-call notification||Dial *135*50# & select option 2|
|Stolen or lost phone||Dial 800155|
|Receive MMS and internet settings||SMS ‘du’ to 3300|
Table: Du top up and recharge options commands
|Recharge option||Description||Dial command|
|More Time||Get credit equals to recharge card||*135* [WoW recharge card no.]#|
|More International||Get more talk time for international calls||*138* [WoW recharge card no.]#|
|More Data||Get extra data||*131* [WoW recharge card no.]#|
|More Credit||Get extra credit||*136* [WoW recharge card no.]#|
Du customers, did you know?
- The extra data or minutes which come with your recharge option may only last for a limited time period. For example if you get the More Data with a recharge amount of AED 20, you can use 40 MB worth of data which will be valid for 30 days.
- You can get more information on the list of Du commands. Just SMS ‘HELP’ to 7726.
- Every time you get a post-call notification, it costs you 1 fil.
- There is a Du data manager app you can download to check your smartphone usage each month
Table: List of commands/SMS for Etisalat customers
|Customer Care||Dial 101|
|Transfer credit||Dial *100*Mobile no.*amount#|
|Check credit balance prepaid||Dial *121# or Dial 121|
|Check credit balance postpaid||Dial *140#|
|Send call request||Dial *188*Mobile no.#|
|Reverse billing||Dial *132*Mobile no.#|
|Unsubscribe SMS from one sender||SMS ‘b sendername’ to 7726|
|Unsubscribe to SMS from Etisalat||SMS ‘b Etisalat’ to 7726|
|Unsubscribe to all promotional SMS||SMS ‘b all’ to 7726|
|Use Mobile Pay feature to recharge||Dial *123#|
|Register to caller tunes||SMS Buy <tune code> to 1100|
|Change caller tunes settings||Dial 144|
|Unsubscribe to post-call notification||Dial **62*134# & choose “Cancel”|
|Interactive voice response guidance||Dial 146|
|Subscribe to Wasel Call International Pay Local||Dial *141# or SMS ‘IDD’ 1010|
|Track data usage||Dial *170#|
|Subscribe to Blackberry packages||SMS ‘code’ 1010 eg: SMS ‘B299″ to 1010|
Etisalat customers, did you know?
- You can make your family, friends and colleagues pay for your call to them by using the reverse billing command.
- The minimum amount of credit transfer is AED 5 and maximum is AED 100 per transaction.
Postpaid and prepaid customers in the UAE have the option to moving their mobile numbers between Etisalat and Du. Keep in mind that any credit or data balance will be lost during the swap. Find out more on the steps to change your telecom provider.
Pay for parking by SMS
You can use your mobile to pay for paid parking zones by using the RTA’s mParking service in Dubai, smsParking in Sharjah or mawaqif in Abu Dhabi.
- Dubai: <Plate No.><space><Zone No.><space><Duration in hrs>
Register on the RTA website. Send an SMS to 7275 in the format above. The SMS will cost 30 fils and you will need to have sufficient credit on your phone to be able to use the mParking service.
- Sharjah: Plate source<space>Plate number
You can use a similar service in Sharjah called smsParking. Du and Etisalat customers can send an SMS to 5566 in the following format. The plate source in this case is the emirate your car is registered in and should be abbreviated. For example, for a car registered in Fujairah, you would type FUJ as the plate source.
- Abu Dhabi: Plate Category<space>PlateNumber<space>Tariff<space><Duration in hrs> OR Nickname<space>Tariff<space><Duration in hrs>
To pay for parking send an SMS to 3009 in the format above. The service is called mawaqif service and customers can register their cars to pay for parking. Private plate vehicles which belong to Abu Dhabi don’t need to register their cars but still need to create a mawaqif account.